The Victorian Environmental Water Holder is pleased to invite expressions of interest from current ongoing and fixed term employees from DELWP, Catchment Management Authorities, Melbourne Water or Victorian Water Corporations to undertake a secondment as an Environmental Water Co-ordinator. (Casual and agency employees are ineligible).
This is an opportunity to work with a small team and an independent Commission to support Victoria’s environmental water program at a statewide level. Work includes :
- Being the primary VEWH contact for selected waterway systems throughout the state and liaising with relevant waterway managers and storage managers to facilitate the effective use of available water holdings in those systems.
- Assessing seasonal watering proposals, developing sections of the seasonal watering plan, preparing seasonal watering statements and informing the prioritisation of watering actions across the state.
- Contribute to the assessment of water use, trade and carryover options across the state.
- Input to the development of delivery plans, operating arrangements and metering plans.
- Report on the Water Holdings, including tracking the use of environmental water and reporting on outcomes.
- Participate in community and Traditional Owner consultation processes, including attendance at environmental water advisory group meetings.
- Support the VEWH Executive and Commission including preparation of briefing papers.
- Support Victoria’s contribution to the Murray Darling Basin Plan and liaise with program partners from other jurisdictions as required.
- Support the ongoing development of the environmental water program by contributing to strategic projects that are led by the VEWH and policy reform projects that are led by DELWP and other program partners.
This position will suit someone who has experience with environmental water management, understands the Victorian Environmental Water Planning Framework, is organised, has an eye for detail and has good written and verbal communication skills. We need someone who can help the team, while the substantive occupant is on a secondment.
Classification: VPS Grade 4
Group: Victorian Environmental Water Holder
Dates: As soon as possible until at least mid-September 2021.
Location: Flexible, with a negotiated time spent at 8 Nicholson Street East Melbourne.
Reporting to: Mark Toomey, Team Leader Portfolio Management
At VEWH we work flexibly. Your work location isn’t a barrier to you applying for this opportunity.
The work location is flexible by agreement with the manager, consistent with DELWP’s flexible work policies.
How to express interest:
Submit a brief statement of your experience and suitability for the role (no more than 500 words, dot points are fine) to Mark Toomey by COB Friday 16 July 2021 at [email protected]
If you have any questions please get in touch with Mark Toomey (0478 101 757) or Andrew Sharpe (0409 437 251), we are very happy to chat.