Last week, I had the privilege of attending a meeting of Chief Financial Officers from our regional members. I was impressed by the enthusiasm of this group which committed to reforms that will have a marked and positive impact on our industry and its customers. Such considerations included:
- the potential application of the Victorian Power Networks case to tax-paying businesses,
- addressing the cost of debt impact on customers,
- getting a better understanding of the P in the PREMO model,
- modelling new customer contributions (NCCs) for customer equity, and
- linking pricing submission outputs to financial outcomes and analysis.
Our industry can be proud of the commitment of its people to impactful change. As your peak body, we will continue to support you in driving these and other reforms that create a collective impact.
Did you know our Annual Conference is on 9 and 10 September? This is our industry’s premier annual event and is going to be fantastic. On the theme of Resilience and Readiness, our keynote address will be given by multiple Walkley Award-winning journalist, Dr. Norman Swan. As a trusted advisor to the wider community on the issues relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, Norman Swan has provided a calm, reassuring voice during these unpredictable times. Norman will discuss the community response to the pandemic and how the water sector can learn from this in building trust and changing perceptions in an increasingly disruptive operating environment.