Corangamite CMA are looking to second someone with strong project management and engagement skills to manage our high profile, Australian Government Election Commitment projects. The role will be responsible for delivery of the following projects:
- $1.5M Bellarine and Great Ocean Road Dunecare Program, including management of contracted Dunecare secondary school program; and Coastal Management Grants Program
- $6M Australian Government’s Wild Otways Initiative including overall program management and governance; stakeholder negotiations and management; delivery of Community Environment Grants Program; and management of the following contracted sub-projects: Integrated Monitoring Program; Pig and deer eradication; Fox and cat management in planned burn landscapes; Phytophthora Management; Rewilding threatened species; Small Mammal Research and WOI Web portal.
The role supervises an internal Project Officer, contract staff and a cross agency Project Team.
What you would bring?
- High level people management skills and capability to lead, develop, motivate and empower teams and create a positive high performing culture
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with proven ability to positively engage and foster strong professional relationships with key stakeholders, members of the public and employees
- Proven managerial leadership with the ability to develop and deliver high quality projects and programs
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and political acumen in decision-making and resolving complex problems
- High level written communication skills with proven ability to prepare external correspondence and professional business reports
- Model the Authority’s and the Victorian Public Sector values and behaviours
- Significant experience in working with communities in natural resource management, agriculture, environmental management or community development and a relevant post-graduate qualification or extensive experience with a lower level qualification.
At Corangamite CMA, we are building an inclusive workplace to help realise the potential of our employees, embrace our differences, and apply our diverse thinking to innovation and delivering services to Victorian communities. All jobs can be worked flexibly and we encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, people of all ages and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
This role is based in Colac / Geelong and would require occasional travel within the Otways, Surf Coast and Bellarine areas. However, all staff are currently working from home, as per government directions.
If interested, please contact Sarah Holland Clift (0428 331 728) to discuss