It is with mixed emotions the VicWater board advises you that Peter Morison has been successful in securing a newly created role of Manager, Integrated Water & Catchments Management at Melbourne Water.
Peter commenced with VicWater in May 2019 and has made many significant positive impacts during his almost three-year tenure.
Peter has been instrumental in building team capability and driving forward an agenda of strategic change. Whilst there are too many initiatives to mention, here are a handful of key ones that through member feedback, we know you have appreciated:
- Focussed and professionalised engagement activities with executive, non-executive director, critical key stakeholders and fellow industry bodies across the water industry.
- Establishment of a common industry prioritised policy platform with government and stakeholder engagement.
- Reshaping of operations to support VicWater's primary purpose as the leading advocate for Victorian water businesses endorsed by members with >80% recognition.
- Delivered a clear governance structure for thought leadership, business development and collaboration with member Board Chairs and Managing Directors.
- Tailored member experiences embracing hybrid and virtual event environments, updated member facilities including providing a modern meeting hub in the CBD with IT facilities for members use, VicWater, website and social media.
- Lead a continuous professional development program for industry non-executive directors which although is yet to be released, promises to be a terrific initiative .
Peter’s last day at VicWater will be Friday 11th of March so please do join us in thanking him for his valued service and congratulating him in securing a new and exciting role.
The board will commence a search for a new CEO to continue the evolution of VicWater and deliver the strategy for our members. The board has appointed our highly capable Operations & Strategic Projects Manager Jo Lim as Acting CEO. Please give Jo your full support.