The VicWater Director Development Program introduces tools and ways of thinking to deepen your knowledge and strengthen your strategic leadership and governance skills to create a legacy of healthy and sustainable water systems and communities.
Who is it for?
This program is designed for new Directors of Victorian Water Corporations and Catchment Management Authorities who want to build and strengthen:
- knowledge of emerging and complex issues facing the sector
- mindsets that challenge convention and recast risk as an opportunity
- a strategic leadership approach that is adaptive, purpose-driven, ethical, strategic and inclusive that meets the environmental, social and economic needs of our time
- cross-organisational networks that will help you to achieve your vision and shared goals.
Contemporary Issues Suite
Offered in a 6 week fully online package.
The Contemporary Suite contains six modules
Module 1: Governance & Strategy: Tuesday 9th August (12-2PM)
Module 2: Compliance & Regulation: Tuesday 16th August (12-2PM)
Module 3: Finances: Tuesday 23rd August (12-2PM)
Module 4: Emerging Risks & Opportunities: Tuesday 30th August (12-2PM)
Module 5: Role of Engagement: Tuesday 6th September (12-2PM)
Module 6: Leadership & Influence: Tuesday 20th September (12-2PM)
6 Week Online Package: 2 August - 20 September 2022
- An introductory webinar (on-line)
- 1 learning module per week (2 hours/module) with up to 1 hour of background reading per module
- Action-oriented self reflection (self paced over 1 week).
An early bird discount of 10% is available for fully paid registrations received one month prior to the scheduled course commencement date.