Water operators training project
The results from the completed member surveys were considered at the October working group meeting. The results showed strong support from VicWater members for a water “training academy” with many also being able to support the academy with facilities or experienced personnel who would be able to provide training. The survey results also gave an indication of the types of training that members would like to see provided as well has how many staff would require training.
The working group will next meet in December to begin working on a proposal for the training academy.
Carbon Offsets Project
MAG/Aurecon has now been formally engaged to assist in developing and assessing a Request for Information (RFI) that will be issued to the carbon offsets market. This work will include undertaking a market sounding and developing an investment logic outline as well as a carbon procurement strategy.
A project kick off meeting was held on 26 October with meetings and workshops scheduled throughout November. The RFI will be issued to the market in December.
A presentation on the project was given to water corporation and CMA staff at DEECA’s Carbon offsets webinar held on 12 October.
Victorian Water Sector Recycled Products Database Project
Aurecon has been selected as the preferred consultant to undertake the Water Sector Recycled Products Database Project.
This project will begin in November and will include the following pieces of work:
- Gathering information to be included in a sustainable products database which will align with the MRWA portal;
- Analysis of material flows and carbon emissions in the water sector and research into sustainable product markets; and
- Recommending sustainable procurement indicators and future data attributes.
The project is due to be finished by the end of May 2024.
Co-ordinated a water sector response providing feedback on Victoria’s Renewable Gas Consultation Paper.
Attended the following meetings/events:
- EMV’s Critical Infrastructure Industry Preparedness Briefing
- Water Sector Circular Economy & Energy Working Group Meeting
- GHD’s SHOCKED Forum
- Water Sector Resilience Network meeting
- AWA Victorian Gala Dinner,
- DTF’s Public Construction Procurement Committee meeting.
- EPA’s Emerging Contaminants in Recycled Water Working Group meeting.