The Victorian water industry offers employees exceptional challenges, leadership opportunities and the many possibilities to provide liveability services to the Victorian community. Our industry is committed to inspiring and encouraging each other to explore innovation and excel in your field.
Below we have listed a snapshot of current senior opportunities from across the Victorian water sector.
For more details or to apply, please follow the links supplied.
Senior Design Advisor
Provide specialist design guidance and advice across the Barwon Water business, providing leadership to a team of design professionals in the delivery of Capital and Land Development projects, supporting the implementation of strategies and processes across the design services group.
You will effectively control and manage high priority, highly technical or large cost projects including direct management of project design teams to support the Enterprise Project Delivery program.
You will support the delivery of Land Development projects, identifying design inputs required for greenfield and infill development, supporting Design Engineers and Design Advisers for viable and feasible solutions where standards are ambiguous.
You are forward thinking with a desire to research and develop programs and initiatives to support project design across the Barwon Water business, blending expertise with an innovative approach to solution orientated problem solving.
You are a collaborator, focused on building relationships that ensure strong stakeholder engagement, confident working across multiple external design projects that achieve quality design outputs.
You are adventurous and lead the way in continuous improvement, across safety and industry next practice, able to drive the future of design norms, standards and processes at Barwon Water.
Applications close 31 January 2021
Principal Advisor Aboriginal Engagement
Reporting to the Relationship Manager, Traditional Owners, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As the Principal Advisor, Aboriginal Engagement you’ll be responsible for developing and implementing strategic programs and initiatives to enhance Melbourne Water’s engagement with Traditional Owner groups and the broader Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in Victoria.
In this role you will also influence key internal and external stakeholders to deliver strategic outcomes for the organisation, community and stakeholder groups.
This is a designated position established as a special measure under Section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible for this position.
Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and extensive experience working with Aboriginal communities and the ability to apply this experience in the context of Victorian Traditional Owners and communities will be required
- Experience in developing and delivering proactive and innovative strategic stakeholder engagement programs and initiatives
- Experience in working in and influencing cross-functional teams is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to address a range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, to work under pressure and recognise and respond to sensitive and complex strategic issues
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required together with experience working in sensitive political environments
Applications close 31 January 2021
Part time: 0.6 FTE
Working closely with SRW's board and its committees, the Corporation Secretary is accountable for providing expert advice on governance, assurance and compliance to the Board and Managing Director. With a whole of organisation focus, this role will proactively engage with both internal and external stakeholders ensuring that the organisation operates lawfully, effectively and efficiently. The role will provide organisational corporate governance advice and awareness, leading improvements to ensure that the business is well equipped to make informed decisions. This role is a key support function and conduit between the Managing Director and the Board and Board Committees and will suit a values driven and experienced Board / Corporation Secretary.
You will bring significant depth of knowledge of corporate governance, legal, compliance and probity requirements within a public sector entity. Well known for your ability to effectively work with Boards and Committees, you bring knowledge around the relevant legislation and an appreciation for a regulated service industry would be beneficial. With highly developed professional and articulate written and verbal communication, your interpersonal style is attuned to both providing expert advice around governance, insurance, legal etc. matters but also building a positive level of rapport with senior leaders. A recognised Company Secretary qualification is mandatory.
Applications are via Davidson Executive & Boards
If you would like to have a confidential discussion contact Vanessa Huxley on 0417 708 112, quoting ref no. JO-2012-102360.
Financial Accounting Manager
If you’re a value add Financial Accountant with strong technical skills, excellent leadership qualities and an appetite for continuous improving, this role may be the opportunity for you.
This Senior Finance role is a member of the Finance Leadership Team and manages the financial accounting team, which includes the following functions: Board, Statutory and Regulatory Financial reporting, treasury management, taxation, balance sheet management, cash flow management, provision of technical accounting and tax advice, management of GMW's Financial Management Control Framework, financial audit management, and asset accounting.
We are on a journey to improve processes, develop our team and add value. If you have lots of initiative and this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close 12 February 2021
Commercial Strategy Manager
An exciting opportunity exists to work with the Digital Twin Victoria (DTV) Program in Land Use Victoria. The program will fast track the adoption of new geospatial data and emerging technology that will help position Victoria as Australia's skills, innovation and digital capital. Digital Twins are digital representations of the real world encompassing the built environment such as buildings, roads and infrastructure projects and the natural environment including trees, water ways and coastlines. Driving long-term economic recovery for Victoria, through valuable location-based insight that transform the way assets, precincts and communities across Victoria are planned, developed and managed. DTV will deliver productivity efficiencies, regulatory reform and enhance services to create a more liveable, sustainable and resilient State through data-driven, digital innovation.
A new role is required to lead a review of emerging commercial and economic opportunities to government from the program. The role is responsible for delivering a commercial strategy that enables the strategic prioritisation of new spatial data and services and supporting design and implementation of partnerships and commercial arrangements to ensure a consistent approach that aligns with the Victorian Government's strategy to improve and support access to high-value data.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Twin Victoria and working closely with data, legal, policy and procurement experts, the Commercial Strategy Manager will be a self-starter and an excellent communicator, with strong experience in similar roles and a proven track record for developing and implementing successful commercial, pricing and product strategies.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management
- Demonstrated experience in the development of commercial strategies and pricing models for data products and services
This is a fixed term position available for a period of 12 months
Applications close 24 January 2021
Design Manager - Strategic Asset Management
The Design Manager - Strategic Asset Management, will be responsible for leadership of the Design Team providing overall management of the design and estimating support for the Liveable Water Solutions group along with the development of product requirements and design standards for South East Water capital work projects.
Key responsibilities will be, but not limited to overseeing design and estimation for the group, coordination of the provision of high level engineering and technical designs, design team people management and development, and manage the processes related to design and construction to drive continuous improvement. You will also ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the South East Water policies and procedures.
You will ideally have:
- Demonstrated leadership capability and skills, along with leading projects.
- Experience leading a team is essential
- Design Management Skills
- An understanding of an infrastructure asset project lifecycle
- Experience and knowledge in asset creation and delivery of capital works in the water industry is desirable
- Demonstrate a high level of influencing and negotiating ability
- Clear customers focus when dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to problem solve, develop and implement new procedures and systems
- Tertiary engineering qualifications in Engineering, Science or Asset Management is essential
- Certified Practicing Engineer (CP Eng) or equivalent is essential
Applications close 22 January 2021
Emergency Management Coordinator - Operations
The Emergency Management Coordinator, reporting to the Operations Divisional Manager, will partner with our Operational Teams and Risk Division to drive improvements and ensure quality in how we plan, react and recover from network incidents. The role will have a dedicated focus on building and maintaining capability assessments, ensuring incident management protocols and practices are up to date and followed end-to-end, establishing robust internal and joint industry response plans, testing exercises and developing stronger regulatory responses, relationships and approaches for operational staff during incidents.
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Emergency Management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System and Victorian Emergency Management legislation, operating plans and frameworks
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills in dealing with key stakeholders including senior management, customers, consultants, contractors, regulators and committees
- Demonstrated experience in managing all documents, policies and procedures, standards and specifications.
- Experience in developing strategies, analysis, and efficiency improvements.
Applications close 26 January 2021
Manager HR Business Partnering
Reporting directly to the General Manager People, Culture and Safety, this business critical role is one of two Manager HR Business Partnering roles that work across the organisation, partnering with a portfolio of senior leaders and supporting them across the full range of HR matters. The role also has accountability for the HR team that provides payroll support and develops our people.
A background in water is not required, however significant experience in an HR generalist role with practical experience of payroll, reporting and HRIS is essential. This would be combined with your:
- Sound judgement and decision making
- Excellent communications and ability to build strong relationships
- Coaching and team building
- Ability to manage employee relations issues, including investigations
Applications close 3 February 2021
Manager, Planning Reform Policy
Working with a high-performing team, you will lead policy development to deliver legislative changes for the planning reform agenda. This includes working with a range of stakeholders, managing and identifying risks and providing leadership.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant qualification in Planning, Social Sciences, Economics or a related field is required.
- Proven leadership skills, including demonstrated capacity to provide policy advice, direction and information in a complex environment and set strategic direction.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of complex projects, managing project teams and budgets in the public or private sectors is required.
- Technical knowledge or industry experience of the Victorian planning system and/or legislative reform is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to build awareness and understanding of economic and political trends and consider the ramifications of these emerging issues and long-term impacts.
This is a fixed term position until 30 December 2022
Applications close 1 February 2021