Catchment Management Authorities
Under the Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994 (the CaLP Act), Victoria is divided into ten catchment regions with a Catchment Management Authorities (CMAs) established for each region.
CMAs are provided with regional waterway, floodplain, drainage and environmental water reserve management powers under the Water Act 1989.
The ten CMAs are:
- Corangamite www.ccma.vic.gov.au
- East Gippsland www.egcma.com.au
- Glenelg Hopkins www.ghcma.vic.gov.au
- Goulburn Broken www.gbcma.vic.gov.au
- Mallee www.malleecma.vic.gov.au
- North Central www.nccma.vic.gov.au
- North East www.necma.vic.gov.au
- Port Phillip & Westernport www.ppwcma.vic.gov.au
- West Gippsland www.wgcma.vic.gov.au
- Wimmera www.wcma.vic.gov.au