VicWater plays an important role in the Victorian water industry contributing to and influencing the development and implementation of Government policies relating to water and wastewater services within Victoria.
VicWater seeks to represent and support the water sector's collective interests and does so by undertaking the following:
- Coordinating industry responses in relation to government and regulator policies
- Providing forums for industry discussions on priority issues
- Producing industry guides that contribute to the improved performance of the industry
- Identifying industry best practice to provide consistent and effective approaches to issues affecting the water sector.
Industry guides, publications and submissions released by VicWater can be found below. If you would like further information on the guides and submissions being prepared by VicWater please contact [email protected] or (03) 9639 8868.
While 2020/21 continued to be a challenge, largely shaped by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, VicWater has remained steadfast in its mission and has brought a number of new supports to its members across the five critical result areas of its Strategic Plan 2018-2023:
- Influence policy and regulation
- Connect leaders and facilitate collaboration
- Be a catalyst for thought leadership and action
- Support the sector for the ever-changing future
- Galvanise resources for collective value